What is Veterinary Internal Medicine?
Simply said, we take care of all the inside parts of your pet! We work with the internal body systems, whether there are sudden or chronic signs, and regardless of the cause of disease (infection, cancer, degenerative, inflammatory, immune, or trauma). Internal medicine emphasizes non-invasive diagnostics and treatment techniques to allow medical treatments and comprehensive care, devoted to your pet’s overall health. Some common diseases affecting these systems in dogs and cats are:
- Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism
- Infection disease including tick borne and fungal diseases
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Acute or Chronic Kidney failure
- Hyperadrenocorticism and Hypoadrenocorticism